Coming To Rosemont
- Have you – or someone you know – been thrust into a life situation like Maggie’s where you needed to start over?
- What personal qualities did Maggie possess that allowed her to lose her entire social support group, like she did with the Windsor College community, and rebuild her network?
- Have you experienced a crisis where the people you thought would “show up” were conspicuously absent and you were surprised and uplifted by the kindness of strangers?
- Was this a fast-paced, engaging read? Would you say it was plot driven or character driven?
- How have you encouraged a friend or family member who thinks they will never meet that special someone, like Maggie does with her daughter Susan?
- Have you ever run for public office or been involved in a political campaign? If yes, would you recommend political involvement to your friends and family?
- Do you decorate your home for the different seasons?
- How would you feel about moving to an entirely new area of the country, where you know no one?
- Would you start over with new furnishings, as Maggie does, or would you surround yourself with familiar furniture and décor?
- Was the plot predictable or were you surprised along the way? Did you believe the ending?
Weaving The Strands
- We’ve all met someone like Frank Haynes, who refuses to be the better person that he shows us – on rare occasion – he can be. Have you ever convinced someone to be his or her best self? How did you do it?
- Do you enjoy entertaining, as Maggie does?
- Do you know your neighbors and is your neighborhood a friendly place? Would you welcome more interaction with your neighbors?
- Did the book engage you right away or did it take a while to get into?
- Have you ever ended a relationship because the other person didn’t make you a priority?
- Have you ever been assigned to work on a big project with someone you didn’t like? In the course of working with them, have you learned to like them better?
- Did any of the passages or dialogue strike you as insightful or ring particularly true? Have you said or felt any of those things?
- Have you ever spent a major holiday away from home? How did you handle it? Would you do it again?
- What would you like to ask the author?
- What would you like to see happen in the third installment of the Rosemont series?
- Have you ever abruptly changed your mind about a major life decision, and were you happy you did?
- Have you ever trusted someone that betrayed your trust?
- Have you ever found or inherited a valuable collection or treasure? What did you do with it?
- If you got married at your current age, what would you plan for your wedding?
- What new trends or traditions have you seen at a recent wedding you attended or heard about?
- What traditions would you like to see revived?
- If you were to go on a honeymoon now, where would you go?
- Have you ever travelled to a place (or wanted to) because it was a setting in a novel?
- Have you participated in agility trials or hospital pet therapy visits with your dog?
- What is the most unexpected weather “surprise” that you’ve experienced and how did you handle it?