Barbara would love to talk to your book club about one of her books. To arrange for Barbara to call or Skype, please fill out the form below.
Coming To Rosemont
- Have you – or someone you know – been thrust into a life situation like Maggie’s where you needed to start over?
- What personal qualities did Maggie possess that allowed her to lose her entire social support group, like she did with the Windsor College community, and rebuild her network?
- Have you experienced a crisis where the people you thought would “show up” were conspicuously absent and you were surprised and uplifted by the kindness of strangers?
- Was this a fast-paced, engaging read? Would you say it was plot driven or character driven?
- How have you encouraged a friend or family member who thinks they will never meet that special someone, like Maggie does with her daughter Susan?
- Have you ever run for public office or been involved in a political campaign? If yes, would you recommend political involvement to your friends and family?
- Do you decorate your home for the different seasons?
- How would you feel about moving to an entirely new area of the country, where you know no one?
- Would you start over with new furnishings, as Maggie does, or would you surround yourself with familiar furniture and décor?
- Was the plot predictable or were you surprised along the way? Did you believe the ending?
Weaving The Strands
- We’ve all met someone like Frank Haynes, who refuses to be the better person that he shows us – on rare occasion – he can be. Have you ever convinced someone to be his or her best self? How did you do it?
- Do you enjoy entertaining, as Maggie does?
- Do you know your neighbors and is your neighborhood a friendly place? Would you welcome more interaction with your neighbors?
- Did the book engage you right away or did it take a while to get into?
- Have you ever ended a relationship because the other person didn’t make you a priority?
- Have you ever been assigned to work on a big project with someone you didn’t like? In the course of working with them, have you learned to like them better?
- Did any of the passages or dialogue strike you as insightful or ring particularly true? Have you said or felt any of those things?
- Have you ever spent a major holiday away from home? How did you handle it? Would you do it again?
- What would you like to ask the author?
- What would you like to see happen in the third installment of the Rosemont series?
- Have you ever abruptly changed your mind about a major life decision, and were you happy you did?
- Have you ever trusted someone that betrayed your trust?
- Have you ever found or inherited a valuable collection or treasure? What did you do with it?
- If you got married at your current age, what would you plan for your wedding?
- What new trends or traditions have you seen at a recent wedding you attended or heard about?
- What traditions would you like to see revived?
- If you were to go on a honeymoon now, where would you go?
- Have you ever travelled to a place (or wanted to) because it was a setting in a novel?
- Have you participated in agility trials or hospital pet therapy visits with your dog?
- What is the most unexpected weather “surprise” that you’ve experienced and how did you handle it?