Gorgeous George (Clooney, that is!) to get married at Downton Abbey???
Rumors are flying. Step aside Kim and Kanye. (Who on this planet isn’t sick of them, anyway? The least elegant couple on earth. But I digress). Here’s the scoop:
- George’s fiancé, Amal Alamuddin, is a huge fan of the show.
- George and his The Monuments Men co-star Hugh Bonneville (who plays Lord Grantham) are reported to be quite friendly.
- Amal is an attorney who works in London, plus her family is nearby, so Highclere Castle is a convenient location. No annoying ‘destination wedding’ to drag her family to.
- The 1,000-acre estate offers the privacy and security that this A-list couple will need.
- They plan to get married in September—won’t the grounds be beautiful then?
- George and Amal spent an extended time at Highclere Castle recently on a private tour.
I, for one, vote ‘yes’. It’s fitting that one of the world’s most beautiful couples gets married in one of it’s most beautiful locations. Maybe it will wash the bad taste of the Kim and Kanye affair out of our mouths. And despite my generally snarky attitude about destination weddings, I’d be delighted to attend this one. George—are you listening?